Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blog # 2

Blog 2
Sandra Nava
Kirstens 102 English Class
I went over my diagnostic essay I realized my strengths and weaknesses as a writer. Although writing hasn’t been my area, I think I have improved much over the years. As a writer I have always tried to follow the requirements asked for in each writing assignment. I can say I’m better at writing research papers than any others. That is because it excites me to learn about new things. Whereas, persuasive essays or other types of writing assignments are not so appealing or exciting. I don’t think I’m good with debate papers, it requires one to take a stance and to support it well. In other words, I show better writing skills when a topic interests me more. I would like to be able to write a perfect essay one day, any kind of essay not just research. The diagnostic essay was not hard for me to write at all because it was kind of an opinion topic. The topic was asking if it was important to have good computer literacy skills. From there you can guess its not a difficult topic to write about. Opinion papers are not so bad because we can go on and on. If I had the opportunity to re do this paper I would create a rough draft first, have another person peer edit it and then do the final paper. I would probably keep the same points and ideas, I feel confident about my responses. Length wasn’t so bad so that wouldn’t need an adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment